BamaBoy

My photo
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina, United States
A guy finding out if life really does begin at 50.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sap is Boiling!

Ever since my trip to new Hampshire to see the fall foliage in 2009 I've wanted to come back to New Hampshire. John has been telling me about how he makes his own maple syrup, so when he asked if I like to come up for a visit during syrup making season I got my chance. I had a good time with John and Gail, and met some really nice syrup making people when John took me around to near by Sugar Houses. I have to say I now understand why those little bottles of Maple Syrup cost so much. It's a lot of work to make syrup, but well worth it.

Many thanks to John and Gail for letting me stay with them and being such great hosts. I hope you enjoy the pictures and videos. If you are ever in New Hampshire over a weekend in late winter or early spring be sure to stop and visit one of the New Hampshire Maple Sugar Houses.

No comments: