While at Wally's and Carol's I helped them install 50ft of fence. We installed 6 fence panels and a gate using 8 poles. We set the poles in concrete and used 4 anchors per post. It took about 15 hours spread over 3 mornings and some early afternoon work. Highs were 102-105 in Phoenix, so about noon or so we stopped.
The fence panels themselves were only about 1/3 of the total project cost. The posts, anchors, attachment hardware and various other items (masonry bits, concrete) accounted for 2/3s the project cost so beware. But all said and done the results looked good.
We got it straight and nice and plum. Carol was very pleased. Click the picture above to view the pictures of the project.
Off and on this spring I've been pulling privet (brush) from my yard. I've pulled most of the little stuff using muscle along with a hand held 'Brush Grubber.' Anything too big for me I used a 1 ton electric wench on my riding mower. Anything too big for that I used the GMC to pull. Maryann is up and doing well now from her 2nd surgery, so she took pictures and created a blog A Natural Yard Where Ferns Flourish. You'll see the GMC in action pulling up one of the larger stumps of privet. The clumps get big when you cut them off at the ground each year for a few years. I've learned that it's better to pull them up than to cut them off. I still have one more spot that requires the use of the GMC on and I'll be done with the pulling for this spring.